Tuesday, August 19, 2008

My Brain Is Flaming

This is one woman’s story of her deep and unwavering love for Flamin’ Hot Cheetos.


Ah the cheesiness, the crispy, crackling crunchiness, the freakish, unnatural, nuclear glow of them… I love the punch-in-your-face heat. FHC are turbo-charged atomic nuggets that set your whole mouth aflame. When I eat them the top of my nose beads with sweat, but I can't stop: I crave the endorphin rush. Tears spring to my eyes, my scalp prickles with perspiration and my tongue all but blisters in the aftermath, and yet… I dream of them. I’ve been known to eat them for breakfast. I see the gaudy, orange package in the 7/11 and I have a Manchurian Candidate moment. Before I realize what has happened I’ve torn open the bag and devoured all 7.5 ounces.


Only this man understands a burning love like this.

2 comments:

Just Mary said...

Do not let that brain burn keep you away from your essence. Please write again. I miss you pithy phrases, astute observations, infectious humor....
Mary

Just Mary said...

Hey,
I miss your posts. You are too talented to leave your fans hanging.
xo
Mary